First home owners grant
Find out if you are eligible
If you are a first home buyer that is buying or building a new home in Victoria that is valued up to $750,000, you may be eligible to receive a $10,000 First Home Owner Grant (FHOG). This national initiative is funded by the Victorian state government and administered under Victorian legislation.
Who qualifies as an eligible applicant?
There are five key eligibility criteria:
- You or your spouse/partner cannot have previously received a FHOG in Australia.
- You or your spouse/ partner, must not have owned residential property in Australia jointly or separately prior to 1 July 2000.
- You or your spouse/partner must not have lived in a home in Australia which either you or your spouse/partner owned or part-owned on or after 1 July 2000, for a continuous period of at least six months.
- You (or at least one applicant) must occupy the home as your principal place of residence for at least 12 months, commencing within 12 months of settlement.
- You (or at least one applicant) must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
- You (and any other applicant) must be aged 18 years or over.
Disclaimer: Grants are offered by the Victorian government and are subject to terms and conditions. Interested parties are required to make their own investigations as to eligibility for grants. This article does not take into the terms of, or account eligibility criteria for, any other concessions, rebates, exemptions and grants offered to purchasers by the Victorian government. Whilst Lendlease has endeavoured to ensure that the information in this article is correct as at January 2020, it is subject to change and no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy. Lendlease disclaims any liability for any loss, damage or claim of whatever nature or kind (including negligence) suffered, sustained or incurred by any party which arises out of any alleged reliance this article.